Welcome to Rapid Language Learning: Turkish to Uzbek Bridge Course Introductory Lesson!
The goals of this course is to make you aware of cognates that exist in Uzbek and Turkish languages, their benefits and challenges in learning these languages, and how to use them effectively in language learning.
The audience of this course is learners with Turkish language background who want to learn Uzbek in a short period of time.
The audience might be:
- native speakers of Turkish
- second language speakers of Turkish
- people who are interested in comparing Turkish and Uzbek languages
This is the self-paced course. It can take approximately 4-5 hours to complete.
- Familiarity with the basic Turkish language grammar
- Familiarity with the Uzbek language alphabet (preferred)
You will be given a small text in Uzbek that contains cognates. At the end of the course you should be able to:
- identify cognates
- choose correct strategies
- distinguish 24 Uzbek and Turkish cognate nouns
- identify the correct meaning of 5 cognate verbs in Uzbek
- identify the meaning of 10 cognate nouns
- use 10 cognate verbs in correct context
- identify 10 numerals